Top Secrets you didn’t know about Mc Kats,you could have heard so much about the famous and celebrated TV personality and events MC, whose real Names are Edwin Katamba commonly known as MC Kats. He is an old broom in the Ugandan Entertainment fraternity, he seen a lot, and some people say, that he has been around since the signing of Buganda Agreement but now here we have his full biography.
Edwin aka MC Kats is a 32 year old man, born to Pastor Juliet Lubanga and Hajji Sula Lwanga of Mawanda Road, Kamwokya and he is currently engaged to singer and music partner Fille Mutoni and the two have a child together.
MC Kats studied from Namilyango Primary School, then Busoga College Mwiri but he was expelled. He completed ‘O’ level at Kitante Hill School and ‘A’ level at Makerere High School. He started Mceeing as soon as he hit Secondary, he was connected by another legendary in the game called Mr Mosh, currently working with Galaxy FM.
In his S.2, MC Kats started Emceing in different school around Uganda, his name slowly started growing and according to Blizz Uganda research, MC Kats pursued a diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication at UMCAT.
MC Kats started working on WBS TV at an early age of 13 on a show dubbed Teen’s Club which he was doing with his fellow Kitante Schoolmate Flavia Tumusiime following a gig he was spotted on by WBS TV bosses.
From WBS TV, MC Kats headlined so many concerts in the country, from Beenie Man’s show, Wizkid’s show, so many international shows and local events that he has emceed from allover the country and in the diaspora.
Meanwhile, it is also said that MC Kats is one of the many Ugandan celebrities with a lot of kids, some he doesn’t even know.
MC Kats, from WBS TV joined NTV Uganda for a TV show called NTV Xposed, then after a few years joined NBS TV for a show called NBS After 5, which he was later on joined by fellow presenter Douglas Lwanga.
We are yet to see how far MC Kat’s journey will go but he is still celebrated and currently ranked among the top best and most expensive MC’s in Uganda.
1. His real name is called Edwin Katamba
2. He is 29-years-old.
3. He is born to Pastor Juliet Lubanga and Hajji Sula Lwanga of Mawanda Road, Kamwokya.
4. He allegedly has 25 kids from 10 different women.
5. He is currently engaged to singer Fille.
6. He went to Namilyango Primary School, then Busoga College Mwiri but he was expelled. He completed ‘O’ level at Kitante Hill School and ‘A’ level at Makerere High School.
7. He pursued a diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication at UMCAT.
8. Musically, he is the manager of his fiancée Fille.
9. At 13, he was already on WBS TV Teen’s Club show .
10. He is one of the finest emcees and currently works on NTV with a weekly program Xpozed
These are some of the unknowns you didn’t know about the city mc